About Central America Trade Office-CATO
In 1997, the Central America Trade Office (CATO) was established. Since July 2000, the operation of CATO has been fully supported by the Republic of China (Taiwan)-Central American Economic Development Fund, which is managed by the Board of Directors consisting of the Foreign Ministers of the R.O.C(Taiwan) and the countries designated in the Agreement.
CATO is committed to the strengthening of bilateral relations between Taiwan and C.A. in the aspects of trade, investment, tourism, and culture. In compliance with the policy of the government of ROC (Taiwan) and currently in cooperation with the Embassies of Belize, Guatemala and Honduras in Taiwan, CATO oversees multiple projects: national and international trade shows, trade, investment, tourism & culture promotional events and seminars, domestic business visit, commercial missions to C.A., PR & social media advertising, to name but a few. We expect that the joint effort from CATO and all partners will lead to a long and fruitful relationship between Taiwan and its C.A. diplomatic allies.
CATO's Mission & Daily Work
- Arrange commercial missions to C.A. to increase C.A. product acquisition and discover new merchandize for domestic market.
- Assist in communication between Taiwanese and C.A. importers and suppliers to develop their potential trading opportunities all over the world.
- Promote and foster information exchange on E-commerce and online business opportunities between Taiwan and C.A.
- Collect and analyze Taiwan - C.A. trade information and statistics to provide Taiwanese firms with insight into C.A. products and domestic market demand.
- Host investment seminars and business meetings to enhance business interaction between Taiwan and C.A.
- Facilitate strategic alliance on technical and financial cooperation between Taiwanese and C.A. business entities to create value-added to C.A. products and achieve global market expansion.
Tourism and Country Image Promotion
- Organize cultural exchange activities and promotional campaigns to enhance Taiwanese understanding toward C.A. and create powerful country brand images.
- Invigorate traditional and social media marketing to maximize exposure of C.A. tourism & culture in Taiwan and reinforce positive impression.
- Assist Taiwanese local travel agencies to launch attractive and competitive C.A. package tours.